The Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. Scholarship
The Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. Scholarship provides scholarship dollars up to the amount of $2,000 to be used toward institutional charges beginning Fall Semester 2018. The award is split up into two separate disbursements. The following conditions apply:
- Recipients must be an African-American or Latino male to receive this award.
- Students must be a high school senior from Northwest Ohio**
- Recipients must be enrolled full-time to receive this award*
- Recipients must have a minimum GPA of 2.75 or higher to receive this award.
- Recipients must provide final grades after Fall Semester in order to receive disbursement of award in the Spring Semester 2019.
- Recipients must participate in an interview (invite only).
- Recipients must attend the 2018 MLK Scholarship Breakfast to receive the award.
- Recipients must participate in service and leadership activities in high school and in the community (please provide a separate sheet with extra-curricular activities and community service).
- Recipients must submit two (2) letters of recommendation which must be from non-family members such as a school counselor, teacher, pastor, or mentor.
- Applicants must describe in a short essay (500 words, double-spaced) their reflections on the ideals and philosophies of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and how they have attempted to emulate these qualities in their lives.
Applications must be postmarked no later than November 3, 2017